Welcome to our Frequently Asked Questions Page. Here are some answers to some great questions we’ve been getting from our customers. If you have further questions don’t hesitate to contact us anytime!
1. Where are you located? We are based out of Kerrobert, SK, Canada and are a local Saskatchewan family owned and operated manufacturing fishing jig & lure business.
2. Do you have a store front? No. We are an e-commerce online business and many of our custom lures are make to order, if they are not in stock. Although, you can always ask if we can make them up for you!
3. How do I pay? We accept a variety of payment methods including etransfer, PayPal and Credit Cards. If you’d prefer to message us or order over the phone, we can do that as well.
4. Can I pick up my order? If you are local to the Kerrobert Area you are welcome to pick up your order. Please contact us for this option. We will happily ship to anywhere in Canada, the US or Overseas.
5. How much is your shipping? All of our shipping is now tracked with Canada Post. We do our best to keep our shipping rates low but these are the rates set out by Canada Post for tracked shipping. Our standard shipping rate is around $14.99 CAD for regular sized orders. Shipping times vary Canada Post suggests approximately 5-7 Business Days (excluding weekends) for tracked parcel shipping depending on where you are located.
6. How do I contact HCL?
Facebook or Instagram messenger
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or
Instant message us on our website
7. How do I make my lures glow? Typically we suggest using a UV Flashlight to charge the glow on our jigs and we currently sell HCL UV Flashlights on our website here 👉https://highcaliberlures.ca/collections/hcl-gear/products/hcl-uv-flashlight
8. What is your turn around time on orders? We are currently experiencing extremely high order volumes, therefore it will be 2-4 days before most orders ship.
9. What fish do your jigs & lures target? We are mainly Canada’s Premiere Walleye Jig and Lure company. That being said, we are told that our jigs and lures especially our Walleye Buster jigs catch Pike, Bass, Burbot, Whitefish, Perch, & Trout. We offer 5 and 7mm tungsten for panfish. Ripper Blade Baits, Bomberz & Dive Bomberz are ideal for pike, walleye, lake trout and burbot. Our HCL Laker Chasers, Swim Bait Head and Big Game 1 oz Jigs are great for larger Predators such as Lake Trout or Pike. If you are unsure of which lure to use to target a specific fish. Shoot us a message anytime we can help you out as we are experts in our area. Plus we are ALWAYS Open!
8. What’s the Difference between Teardrops & Ultra Minnows?
Wonderglow 1oz Teardrop Jigs
Turtle Lake Special Ultra Minnow
9. When is a good time to use Short Strike jigs vs. Erie stand up jigs?
We offer 4 different jig styles and many different weights on our website, it can be hard to decide which ones are best for different types of fishing situations. Teardrops are shaped like a Teardrop & will accommodate any bait option from live to plastic, due to the bait keeper that secures it firmly in place, without it your bait is more likely to fall off.
Ultra Minnows are excellent for a lifelike presentation as they are shaped like Minnows, which is only made better when coupling it with any bait option.
Erie standup jigs are triangular shaped with a flat bottom. These stand up jigs keep the hook up off the bottom. They are great because they present the bait in an upright fashion allowing for a finicky walleye to grab it more easily.
Short Strike jigs are a short shank option that is used mainly for open water fishing. They are great to use with leeches & when walleye are short-striking as the hooks are short and that it allows them to swallow the entire bait at once improving your chance of hookups!
We are here to help! If you have any questions about our products or jig styles please feel free to contact us. We want to provide choice & versatility to allow our HCL Anglers to be prepared for any fishing situation that may come up.